Position Summary: We are seeking an experienced Project Manager for interior construction projects. The candidate will be responsible for the overall construction of interior projects assigned. The successful candidate must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with the design professionals, consultants and client while successfully directing the Site Superintendent, Estimator, and other construction related personnel in planning, coordinating and safely executing the work in accordance with the contract documents, schedule and budget. This individual will work closely with the prime consultant for a project and fulfil an integral role on the project. Candidate must be professional and a personable leader committed to the overall objective and self-development within the company.
Responsibilities: The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Preparation of the project schedule.
- Review the project plans and specifications and comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems.
- Assist estimator in preparation of project budget
- Prepare the general conditions budget.
- Assist in assembling the job site office and equipment requirements.
- Have confidence in own ability to intelligently communicate with design team/client as well as effectively lead the trades.
- Expedite all shop drawings and approvals
- Monitor and maintain the project construction schedule on a weekly basis.
- Raise and discuss relevant issues at the job site meetings. Prepare & issue minutes of all site meetings
- Inform the Consultant/Client of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained within the Consultant’s design drawings.
- Monitor site safety and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are enforced.
- Ensure completion of and track all independent testing and inspections as required.
- Issue monthly progress draws and invoicing to consultant and client including final holdbacks.
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control. Control and monitor labour, material and equipment expenses.
- Prepare monthly cost forecasting summaries.
- Ensure that “as–‐built” drawings are prepared on an ongoing basis by all trades during the construction period and issue final close–‐outs to consultant/owner accordingly.
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists.
Qualifications: To be considered for this position you will possess the following skills, attributes, and abilities:
- Minimum 5-6 Years’ experience as a Project Manager on commercial renovations
- College or university degree in a construction related field. (Optional)
- Must have understanding of Interior terms, scheduling and planning concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Excel. • Excellent organizational, presentation, and interpersonal skills